Search This Blog

Saturday, January 22, 2005

What I want to learn

Gee! What do I want to learn? I don't think I have ever been asked that question by a professor before. Thanks Doc! At any rate, this is a topic I have been struggling with. I am attempting to combine projects from this class, research, visual rhetoric, and my thesis. The problem is that since I have so many interests, I have a hard time narrowing my focus. Recently however, I have stumbled across articles relating to blogging and ethical standards. Anything that can help me learn more about this area would be helpful.

In addition, while I feel comfortable with technology and have no problems learning about different types of technology, I am woefully aware of my lack of competence in most things web-related. More specifically, I have interests in HTML, Dreamweaver, Flash, etc. I looked at the classes offered through the university, but they are all scheduled at the same time I am teaching a class. Any input on alternatives would be appreciated. I have used Microsoft FrontPage before and am fairly comfortable with that. After looking at the schedule for the course website, I am encouraged to see boot camps scheduled for HTML, Dreamweaver, and Photoshop.

Finally, I would like to get a better handle on how all of this ties in to online documentation. I am one of those people who do better when I can see the whole picture and right now, I have no idea where we are going. When the big picture is present, the individual assignments, readings, and projects make more sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment