Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Bibliographic Style

Bibliographic Style - What is it? Quite honestly, I don't know! Up until now, I really haven't completed a bibliography - ever. I have done reference pages in APA. I have completed works cited pages on MLA. But I haven't created an official "bibliography." I know there are differences such as that a works cited page contains only those works cited within the text. A bibliography can be more inclusive, but what is meant by the style? I am assuming that Dr. Mara is referring to the style manuals such as APA, MLA, Chicago, etc. Assuming those are the choices, I guess that I will be using MLA.

It is also probably important to substantiate why I have chosen MLA so here goes. My primary reasons for using MLA are:
  • It is a good fit for examining blogs since I will be examining the content of the writing in attempting to determine genre
  • I am looking at language and hello, MLA stands for Modern Language Association
  • It has been six years since I used APA
  • I am most familiar with it through teaching it in English 111 and 112
  • I am most familiar with it, and
  • I am most familiar with it
At any rate, those are my top six (four?) reasons for choosing MLA. We are supposed to have 250+ words for this entry, but I just don't know what else to say. I am out of words, which is actually strange for me. I usually have no trouble filling up my blog. Oh well - Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment