Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

More Adventures in Second Life

Okay - Last night and today were weird. Not only did I seemingly have an influence on the gender changing of a SL avatar, but I was part and parcel to a couple of additionally strange incidents. Today I ventured to a few new areas. I was on another beach when I noticed a rather nice yacht. I stepped aboard and looked around a bit. Upon entering the main cabin, I ran into male and female avatar and was asked my the male if I was interested in a threesome. Before I could answer, the female walked away. Within seconds, the male was yelling at me to leave. Evidently, his girlfriend was none to happy with him and his suggestion. It would be really interesting to know if they are a couple in real life. If so, he is probably in a living hell right now for his transgression. RL seemingly spilled over into SL and vice versa.

After I left the yacht, I took a stroll along the beach and came upon a couple floating on a raft near the shore. I stopped to look around and was close enough to catch their chat. The male asked his female friend if that was a guy in a bikini. Several snide comments were made and they obviously referred to my avatar since I was the only one near. First, I don't think that NL looks like a guy, but you can judge for yourself. Second, their reaction to what was perceived as a violation of the gender restrictions was quite humorous. There was no conception available to them of the possibility that a male might wear a bikini. Their comments at once marginalized me and protected their view of the world - even a virtual world like SL. Reminded me of Sloop and Butler. I wonder what would have happened if I had approached them. I'll have to try that sometime if this ever happens again. Perhaps I should create a male avatar and dress him in a bikini. That might be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment